TOUR CODE :SHS07 | 2 DAYS 1 NIGHT SEPILOK ORANG UTAN, BORNEAN SUN BEAR, KINABATANGAN RIVER, GOMANTONG CAVE & SANDAKAN NATURE CITY TOUR
Travelling period until 31st March 2019
Price Per Person (MYR)
I have a group of 2 Adults & above
I am accompanying and sharing room with 2 Paying Adults
• All rates are quoted in Ringgit Malaysia (MYR) and are inclusive of 6% Goods & Service Tax (GST).
• Child rates are applicable to age between 3 – 11 years old. Infant aged 2 years and below – FOC.
• For big group discounts of 10 paxs & above, please email your request to email@example.com directly.
* Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre
* Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre
* Gomantong Cave
* River Cruises at Kinabatangan River
* Sandakan Memorial Park
* Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple
* St. Michael’s Church
* Central Market
* Agnes Keith Museum
* English Tea House
DAY 1 | ARIVVAL SANDAKAN | SEPILOK ORANG UTAN | BORNEAN SUN BEAR | KINABATANGAN RIVER (MEALS: LUNCH & DINNER)
Meet and greet at Hotels around Sandakan or Sandakan Airport and drive approximately 40 minutes to Sepilok Orang Utan Rehabilitation Centre, situated in the Kabili-Sepilok Forest Reserve. After registration, follow a guided boardwalk that will lead you to the Feeding Platform, a chance for you to explore the lowland rainforest trees. Witness the feeding of Orang Utans, watch the scheduled video programme about the Orang Utans (25 minutes) at the Nature Education Centre and pay a visit to the Exhibition Hall. Thereafter, take a leisure walk to the nearby Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre to see the world’s smallest bear in its natural environment. Lunch enroute at a local restaurant. After lunch, drive onwards to Bilit, Kinabatangan River, home to the 10 species of primates namely Proboscis Monkeys, Langurs, Macaques, Orang Utan, Slow Loris, Western Tarsier, 8 species of Hornbills such as Rhinoceros Hornbill, Pied Hornbill, Black Hornbill, Helmeted Hornbill (50kg, 120cm), Kingfishers, Bulbuls, Trogons, Flycatchers, Sunbirds, Broadbills, Herons, Mangrove Snakes, Vipers, Estuarine Crocodile, Asian Elephants and many other wildlife. Upon your arrival at Bilit Adventure Lodge, a warm welcome by the staff and check-in to your accommodation. Lunch will be served at the Dining Hall. By 1530hrs, enjoy your afternoon tea with some local bites. After a short briefing by the nature guide, take an afternoon cruise (1600hrs) along the Kinabatangan River (Sabah’s longest river at 560km) where you can observe wildlife on the boat itself. Dinner & overnight stay at Bilit Adventure Lodge.
DAY 2 | MORNING CRUISE | KINABATANGAN RIVER | GOMANTONG CAVE | SANDAKAN NATURE CITY | DEPARTURE SANDAKAN (MEALS: BREAKFAST & LUNCH)
Wake up early in the morning to start the day with an early river cruise at about 0600hrs. After the 1 hour boat cruise, proceed back to the Lodge for breakfast. By 0830hrs, depart Bilit and drive overland (30 minutes) to reach Gomantong Cave to explore the largest limestone and bird nests cave in Sabah where millions of swiftlets make the cave their home. After cave tour, return to Sandakan for lunch at a local restaurant. Then, proceed for your Sandakan Nature City Tour. The tour includes a visit to Sandakan Memorial Park, which is adjacent to the site of the original Sandakan Prisoner of War (POW) Camp. The park commemorates the sacrifice and suffering endured by both Australian and British soldiers who were held by the Japanese as Prisoners of War between 1942 and 1945. The Puu Jih Shih Buddhist Temple, located on a steep hill top where you can have a magnificent view overlooking Sandakan Bay and the Town Centre. Then, continue to one of the oldest church in Sabah, St. Michael’s Church where you can see a century old building where Christianity is preached. Drive to the Central Market where you can see the local produce and fresh seafood being sold. Visit to the Agnes Keith Museum to learn about the life in the colonial days on Agnes & Harry Keith. Harry was the first conservator of the Forestry Department in Sabah and Agnes was the author of the three famous books called Land below the Wind, Three Came Home and White Man Returns. Stop at the nearby English Tea House where you may have another spectacular view of Sandakan Nature City. Here, you may have your own choices of refreshment (at your own account). After tour, return back to your hotel or proceed departure transfer to Sandakan Airport for your onwards travel. Tour ends.
Land Transportation (Seat-In-Coach), Entrance Fees (where applicable), 1 x Night Accommodation at Bilit Adventure Lodge (Standard) or Similar, Meal(s): 1 x Breakfast, 2 x Lunch & 1 x Dinner, 01 Evening Cruise, 01 Morning Cruise and English Speaking Tour Guide Service.
Flight Tickets, Air Freight Charges, Camera / Video Fee, Personal Travel Insurance, Personal Expenses and Other Optional Activities / Meals / Beverages not mentioned in the above sample itinerary.
Private Tour Guide and Transportation (Vehicle)
Please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org directly
Night walk, pay locally @ RM10.00 nett per person per hour
Tree planting, pay locally @ RM10.00 nett per tree
PRIVATE RIVER CRUISE
Additional charges of RM350.00 nett per boat per river cruise
WHAT TO BRING OR WEAR (RECOMMENDATION)
Raincoat (Wet Season: Nov-Feb), Cap/Hat, Insect Repellent, Sun Block Lotion, Good Walking Shoes, Comfortable Cotton T-Shirts with Long or Short Outdoor Pants (breathable/ quick-dry material and earth colors), Selection of Dry Bags (to keep trek bag content dry), Binoculars, Camera, Personal Toiletries, Personal First Aid Kit, Personal Medications and Extra Cash for your personal expenses.
* Pickup time from hotel varies depending on your hotel location and traffic conditions, please reconfirm with our staff on the actual timing. Should the transport is delayed; kindly contact the hotline numbers stated on your tour voucher before making alternative arrangements.
* If you are arriving at Sandakan Airport on the day of your tour, our friendly English speaking tour guide will meet and greet you at the Arrival Hall with a placard bearing your good name.
* This package is based on join-in basis: sharing tour guide service and transportation (land & boat). Private Tour Guide Service or Tour is available upon request at a reasonable fee, please email your inquiry to email@example.com directly.
* Inno Travel & Tour Services Sdn Bhd does not guarantee wildlife sightings.
* The itinerary provided should be taken as guideline only as much of your day-to-day program will be determined by weather, wildlife sightings and the utmost importance, your fitness ability.
* Inno Travel & Tour Services Sdn Bhd reserves the right to alter routes, timing, itineraries and accommodation reserved should conditions beyond our control render it necessary.