TOUR CODE : UCL01A | PANDAN PANDAN ISLAND ESCAPED
Pandan Pandan Island Paradise – Tucked Away in the Quiet and Peaceful Usukan Cove, Kota Belud
Feel the sand beneath your feet, breathe in the crisp fresh air and take a dip in the cool crystal clear wate. This is what Pandan Pandan island can offer you, an opportunity to unwind in its peaceful and private ambience. Separated from the mainland by just a mere distance, Pandan Pandan Island will captivate you with its mere beauty. Set in a secluded location, you may invest your time to enjoy the various sea sport activities (some of which optional & chargeable), swimming in the calm sea or sunbathing on its white sandy beach at this privately-owned island destination.
Pandan Pandan Island is encircled by fringing reefs which are largely intact. Just a stone's throw away from the mainland, be mesmerized by the variety of corals and marine life as you engulf in snorkeling at the island. You may stumble upon grouper, squids, baby barracudas and snappers. If lady luck is on your side, you may also be greeted by playful dolphins or mother turtles. The uninhabited fronting mainland offers the opportunity to hop to a few other hugely untouched beaches.
Pandan Pandan Island is a ten-minute boat ride from the departure point of Usukan Cove Lodge located in Kota Belud, a district situated north of Kota Kinabalu, the capital of Sabah. The journey from Kota Kinabalu to Usukan Cove Lodge will take you an hour and a half. You may sit back and relax throughout the journey and set your eyes upon rustic village landscape and paddy fields that welcome you along the way.
- 0700hrs Pick up from City Hotels
- 0820hrs Pick up from Outskirt Hotels and depart for Kota Belud, a journey offering a scenic view of paddy fields, villages and a picturesque sight of Mount Kinabalu from different perspectives
- 0930hrs Arrive at Usukan Cove Lodge, the gateway to Pandan Pandan Island. Program & safety briefing while enjoying the local refreshment served at Cove Café
- 1000hrs Boat ride to Pandan Pandan Island and its surrounding recreation area for reef snorkeling and free at leisure
- 1230hrs BBQ lunch at Pandan Pandan Recreation Area
- 1330hrs Continue reef snorkeling or free at leisure
- Extra Activities: Coral Transplanting Briefing & Demo, Traditional Net Fishing “Merambat” Demo, Kayaks are available for use
- 1430hrs Return boat ride to Usukan Cove Lodge to freshen-up and get changed, local refreshment will be served before your journey back
- 1530hrs Depart back to your respective hotels
- 1630hrs Estimated arrival at Outskirt Hotels
- 1700hrs Estimated arrival at City Hotels